<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7980491165597981637?origin\x3dhttp://mylovelycandies.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Run Baby Run.

Don't ever look back.
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

This whole post is going to be about my BTO journey with my boyfriend.... Housing housing woes is what I have now ><

On 21 August, me and my boyfriend submitted our HDB BTO application for Tampines GreenVerge. He came over to my place and we filled in the application online together. The application was from 17 August to 23 August 2016. Paid $10 and hoped for the best.


About 1 month later, I received a letter informing us that they have received our application. To be honest, I was so surprised to received this. I wasn't really expecting it... There was confusion all over my face when I saw the envelope with HDB's logo on it.

Fast forward to 14 October 2016 on a Friday afternoon at 4pm. I went online and saw that our results of the application has been released. So I called my silly boyfriend to get him to check his email and let me know the results.




A golden tip: Results are usually released on a weekday at 4pm onwards. I learnt about this somewhere online in a blog... It couldn't be any more true!

And now, we are back to waiting for our appointment date... I wonder how long that will be... According to HDB's timeline on their website, it's a 1 to 2 weeks wait for your appointment date to be released to you to book a flat.... I'm a bit sceptical on this... I don't think the wait is that short....



Nonetheless, our selection date to book a flat could be from anytime now till April 2017.... I hope it can happen sometime this year. And I'm desperately hoping that there will be a lot of people giving up their slots in between... So that I can have a better selection of flat on a higher floor. 

Not sure if people are aware, but my boyfriend is liable to pay a resale levy of $20,000 to HDB because he previously purchased a flat from HDB with his ex-wife. To be honest, it's so unfair for me! But beggars can't be choosers. HDB and their rules.... I would like to just die please....  And it doesn't help that houses are so expensive these days and the space is getting smaller and smaller.... The amount of calculation me and my boyfriend did will be the death of me especially since I hate numbers and percentages.

Here's a look at the price of the BTO flat we selected (5 Room Flat)

Very very expensive. I don't even know if we are eligible for any grants. Technically for a 5 room flat/3 Gen Flat, we are only eligible for a $10,000 AHG... Is this even applicable for us? Any grants is helpful!!!!! Hahahah! 

But honestly, a 5 room flat is the most ideal for us. And we have even visited the My Nice Home Gallery at HDB Hub. It opens during Saturdays too if you can't make it during the weekdays. A 5 room flat is spacious enough for me, him and his daughter plus our future children of our own. It has enough bedrooms and enough living space for me to walk around without feeling cramped and it's definitely a place that I would dare to invite family and friends over.

People are going to ask me why am I blogging about this.... It feels good to write things down especially about thoughts and feelings. Definitely a good place to rant! And it's also a good avenue to look back if I need to find out about certain information and of course share with other people who are keen in getting BTO!

I've chosen to update this dying space for a few reasons... Not tumblr because tumblr's layout is going to make it really hard for me to find back this post to edit.... Not Dayre because it's inconvenient to update on my phone! Blogger is the best! I update it via my laptop where retrieving information will be much easier. And honestly, blogger has improved it's template.... No complains from me.

Last updated: 18 October 2016 (Tuesday)

Ran @ 4:30 PM

Blogger!

Lim Mei Yun.
21 November 1989.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic.


Facebook!

Lim Mei Yun
Lim Mei Yun
Create Your Badge

Twitter!

follow me on Twitter

Says...


Wish-List!

New phone!
Gucci Heels!
DKNY Watch!
Crumpler Bag!
Leather Wallet!
Driving License!
Starbucks Tumbler!
Tank top from NUM!
Havaianas slippers!
Ring from Tiffany&Co!

Run away...

♥My Twitter page!
♥My China Blog!

anthony
benedict
cai rong
chenyin
cheris
chin hui
chun chiat
cimin
fang yu
fiona
fran
han theng
huimiang
jane
janice
jian xing
marcus
mei yee
mengzhen
michel
michelle
nelson
peijie
randolph
seok
sharon
shavonne
shirleen
wei ting
weixian
willson
winson
xiang yu
xin hui
yvonne

Rewind...

January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
November 2010
April 2015
October 2016

Credits!

This skin is designed by -xBackfired.
(c) -xBackfired Productions 2009